Leave blank for all. Otherwise, the first selected term will be the default instead of "Any".

Can I Rent Out A Room In My House – For Council Homes

Can I rent out a room in my house if it is a council home? Most people assume that this is something they are not allowed to do. However, changes that were introduced in October of 2013, mean that it is now possible, giving you a great opportunity to make thousands in tax-free rent.

In an attempt to claw back any reduction in benefits experienced because of the “bedroom tax” that was introduced a few years ago, the Government made it possible for those in council homes to rent a room out. It is believed that 660,000 council homes would experience a housing benefit withdrawal due to having a spare room, and renting out the room is seen as an excellent way to offset the problem. If I rent my room out, will it have an impact on my universal credit? This is something a lot of council tenants worry about, but you will be pleased to know that it has no bearing. You can keep the rent and retain full entitlement to any benefit. The income is not taken into consideration because the new rules from the Department for Work and Pensions does not specify that income from a lodger or boarder is to be treated as either unearned or earned income. So, if you have a spare room in your council home, this is definitely an option that is worth giving a lot of consideration to.

Now you know the answer to can I rent out a room in my house if it is a council property, and so the only thing you need to do is place an advertisement. This is something you can do for FREE at the moment at Bellrooms Ltd. Just enter a few details and you are good to go. Find out more at: https://www.bellrooms.com/.